During Your Session
- Clients remain clothed during the session. Please wear or bring light weight, loose fitting clothing.
- After each series of moves, I will leave the room to allow your body to respond. These wait times are a crucial element of Bowenwork. Use this time to relax as well as notice any sensations in your body.
- Sessions last 45 minutes-1.5 hours, depending on what your body needs.
After Your Session
- Follow the 3 Ws:
- Water: It is important to stay very hydrated over the next several days following your session. Water helps the body to continue the detoxification process and keep connective tissue flexible.
- Walk: After you leave your session, stand up and move every half hour for the day. This will help the body to realign itself. Daily gentle exercise, such as walking, is recommended for the next few days.
- Wait: Allow time for the work to integrate in the body- some people experience changes immediately, other notice changes up to 10 days after a session.
- Refrain from vigorous exercise, other bodywork, or heat/ice application for the next five days. This can send mixed messages to the body and interfere with the work that is still integrating.